Garbage Disposal Services Brooklyn, NY
Garbage disposals are a key part of any modern kitchen. A garbage disposal combines the ease of a sink with the utility of a trash can. Now you can simply send all your larger food waste items into the garbage disposal and it will take care of the rest!
Along with a wide range of plumbing services, we specialize in Brooklyn garbage disposals and will gladly help you with whatever issues you are having.
Give us a call today for Brooklyn garbage disposal help!
Garbage Disposal Repair
Are you having trouble with your garbage disposal in Brooklyn? At Petri, we are your local plumbers and we are here to help! When your garbage disposal is not working, it can mean giving up the use of your entire sink! Instead of letting your garbage disposal get you down, call Petri Plumbing & Heating for garbage disposal repair in Brooklyn or the surrounding area. We’ll get to you quickly, assess your disposal, then let you know how we can get it back to normal fast.
Here are some of the most common garbage disposal problems we see:
- Leaky garbage disposals. You may have a bad seal somewhere or another problem with your disposal. We’ll take a look and get it fixed.
- Stuck garbage disposals. Maybe someone put something too large down your disposal, or maybe it just got stuck. No matter what, we’ll get it working again soon.
- Broken disposal blades. If your garbage disposal isn’t working well, we’ll check the blades and make sure they’re all still intact. If they’re not, we’ll let you know how we can remedy the problem.
- Clogged garbage disposals. If your disposal won’t let your sink drain, we’ll come take a look and unclog it quickly.
No matter the cause of your problem, your plumbing expert from Petri Plumbing & Heating will take care of your garbage disposal repair in Brooklyn as soon as possible! Reach out to us today!
Garbage Disposal Installation
Sometimes, we look at garbage disposals and realize that it’s in the homeowner’s financial best interest to just replace the whole thing. It may be too damaged to repair or the repair may cost more than simply getting a new one. If this is the case with your garbage disposal in Brooklyn, we’ll let you know.
So if you need a new garbage disposal or, if you don’t currently have one and you want one, we’ll get it installed for you fast. At Petri Plumbing & Heating, we’ll help you choose one that is the right size and power for your current setup and needs, then we’ll put it in for you so you don’t have to worry.
How to Take Care of Your Garbage Disposal
If you take good care of your garbage disposal in Brooklyn, you won’t have to call us for help as often. Here are some things you can do to keep your garbage disposal working well:
- Don’t put grease down it. This can harden once it cools down, creating clogs in your disposal. It can also gum up the blades, which makes your disposal less effective and may cause large chunks to get through it.
- Don’t put coffee grounds down it. Sure, throwing away your coffee grounds can be annoying, but that’s better than having to repair your disposal all the time. Coffee grounds become a sort of sludge that can stick to parts of your disposal, making it harder for them to work well.
- Always run water when your disposal is on. This is the way it is designed to work. If you don’t run water, then it’s harder for things to progress all the way through your disposal to the drain. They can get stuck, causing clogs and more. Keep the water running for a few seconds after you turn the disposal off, too, just to ensure everything is out.
- Run your disposal for at least 15 seconds after the food is ground up. This makes sure that everything gets flushed down the drain and doesn’t linger in the disposal to clog it.
- Know where your disposal key is. Most garbage disposals come with a small key that you can insert into the bottom to turn it manually if it gets stuck. These can help you get things all the way through the disposal even if the blades don’t want to move on their own. Never force it but do use this when you need to.
Garbage Disposal FAQ
A garbage disposal works by shredding the waste into tiny pieces that are capable of traveling through the sewage pipes without impeding water flow. With a garbage disposal, the trash is managed through already existing water infrastructure. By installing a garbage disposal you are helping the environment by conserving the amount of trash that gets sent to landfills and other dumping areas.
– For weekly cleaning, dump some ice in the garbage disposal and let it run until all the ice is broken up.
– For a deeper clean, fill the sink up with hot water and soap and then release the mixture all at once while running the garbage disposal.
– A disposal cleaner is great for disinfecting and getting rid of any odors.
– A garbage disposal degreaser can help get rid of any built up grease.
– For a more natural clean, grinding up lemon or orange peels can help reduce bacterial growth and reduce odors.
To unclog a garbage disposal, start by pouring 1 cup of baking soda into the disposal. Next, pour white vinegar down the disposal. Wait about 15 to 20 minutes, then wash away the mixture by turning on the garbage disposal and running hot water for a few minutes. If that doesn’t work, and you’re not comfortable taking your garbage disposal apart, reach out to a plumber!
– Grease and other fats. These can cool in your drain and eventually clog it.
– Egg shells. These have a filmy membrane that can wrap around the moving parts in your disposal and cause problems.
– Animal bones. These are too hard for your disposal to break up and can cause it to lock or break.
– Coffee grounds. These can settle to the bottom in your plumbing, eventually causing a clog.
– Pits and seeds. These are often too small and hard to break up well, so they can get stuck in your disposal.
Brooklyn Garbage Disposal Pros
If your garbage disposal in Brooklyn isn’t working well for you, it may be time for garbage disposal repair. At Petri Plumbing & Heating, we can also help you get a new garbage disposal that will better meet your needs. Give us a call as soon as you notice a problem and we will help you get your sink working again soon. Don’t stress, just reach out to us for an efficient solution!