Brooklyn Toilet Repair & Installation
Your toilet is one of the most important parts of your bathroom. It’s certainly the most frequently used! Each year, we flush thousands of gallons of water down our toilets, and for the most part, they work fine. Toilets are fairly simple in nature, and they tend to last for several years without causing any major problems.
Sometimes, however, problems do arise, and even when they don’t, you may decide you’d like to upgrade to a newer or more efficient model.
Whether you’re putting in an additional bathroom, remodeling your home or you’re having problems with your existing toilet, Petri Plumbing & Heating can help. We offer a full range of toilet repair and installation services, and we’re proud to be the bathroom plumbing experts you can trust!
Any type of toilet problem can cause a disgusting mess and easily ruin your day. From minor issues like a toilet that runs continuously to bigger issues like leaks that can cause serious structural damage in your bathroom, toilet problems should never be overlooked. No matter how large or small the job may be, trust Petri for toilet repair in Brooklyn, NY!
Common Toilet Repair Problems
Some of the most common Brooklyn toilet repair problems we see include:
- Toilet leaks around the base of the toilet: In most instances, toilet leaks occur as the result of a wax seal that doesn’t properly seal. If you’re seeing water pooling around the base of your commode, this is the likely culprit. Supply lines may also leak.
- Toilet not flushing: There are several components inside of a toilet tank, and some of them can make a toilet bowl not flush. Proper toilet repair can have the toilet flush like new again.
- Toilet keeps running: A toilet that runs non-stop is annoying, but it can also cost you a lot of money. Without toilet repair, it’s like you’re flushing money down the toilet! Usually, this problem is pretty easy to fix by repairing the toilet’s inner workings.
- Clogs and blockages: Toilet clogs can cause backups and serious damage in your bathroom. A plunger is often all you need to take care of a clogged toilet, but if that doesn’t do the trick, you need help from a professional plumber.
- And more!
How to Fix a Clogged Toilet
- Try a plunger: Most toilet clogs can be removed using a plunger. If you have a completely clogged toilet with water overflowing, wait about 10 minutes for the water level to drop. And go easy at first. The bell is initially filled with air, and plunging too hard could send water spraying all over your bathroom. After the first plunge, push more forcefully. Be sure to maintain the seal. This action forces water in both directions and loosens most clogs.
- Use a snake: If the plunger doesn’t work, try using a drain snake. Insert the end of the snake into your toilet, and turn it clockwise to screw the tip into the clog to break it up. The debris may also wind onto the wire so you can remove it from the drain.
- Don’t use a chemical drain cleaner: No matter how stubborn of a clog you have, avoid using chemical drain cleaners. The harsh chemicals can damage your pipes, and overuse can lead to corrosion and leaks. They’re also very dangerous to you and your family.
Don’t try to live with a broken toilet. Instead, call Petri for Brooklyn toilet repair!
Toilet Installation & Replacement
If your current toilet is nearing the end of its lifespan, or even if you’re just tired of spending too much money on your water bill, we’ll make sure you get the very best one that suits your needs, preferences and budget.
Installing a toilet is a labor intensive and delicate task that is best left to the professionals. Toilets are fairly simple in concept, but improper installation can lead to a number of complications. When not properly installed, a toilet can cause excess water usage, leaks that could lead to structural damage, or it may simply not work. Luckily, the plumbing pros at Petri have the plumbing knowledge and the right supplies for your Brooklyn toilet installation project.
Is it Time to Replace Your Toilet?
There are several situations in which you may want to consider replacing your toilet. Listed below are just a few:
- It’s broken. Whether it’s not flushing properly or the bowl or tank is cracked, replacing it is likely your best option.
- It’s several years old. Older toilets use significantly more water than newer models. Upgrading to a low-flow model could save you big on your water bill and minimize your impact on the environment.
- It’s not comfortable. Is your toilet too high, too low or just generally uncomfortable? You may want to upgrade to a new one that’s a better fit for you.
- It doesn’t match. An old avocado green toilet in an otherwise updated bathroom sticks out like a sore thumb. If you have an ugly toilet that just doesn’t fit it, replace it for an instant bathroom facelift.
Brooklyn Toilet Repair & Installation Pros
No matter what your Brooklyn toilet repair or replacement involves, we’ll get it done fast so your home can be fully functional again ASAP. Rely on us when you need your toilet to work today!