Drain Cleaning Service Brooklyn, NY
Although hidden away in walls and under the home, your plumbing system is an intricately arranged system of pipes that bring instant water to all fixtures. The concept of indoor plumbing was foreign in the past, but now it’s essentially unheard of to be without good plumbing.
At Petri Plumbing, our professional Brooklyn plumbers understand the importance of your drains, and know all about the problems that may sometimes arise. When you you have a clogged drain in Brooklyn, you’re going to need professional drain cleaning. You can count on us for that as part of our comprehensive plumbing service!
What Causes a Clogged Drain in Brooklyn?
Serious clogged drains in Brooklyn may be caused by one of a few things:
- Foreign objects are one of the most common problems, especially in toilets. From toys to excessive toilet paper, toilet drain clogs may need more help than just a plunger.
- Kitchen sinks are often vulnerable to clogs, with food and grease being the major culprits. If fats are poured down the sink, they congeal and trap other food.
- Tree roots can create serious drain clogs by wrapping around pipes. Their crushing strength stops the water flow, forcing plumbers to discover and repair the issue.
If you’re experiencing clogs and you don’t know why, get your Brooklyn drains cleaned before the problem leads to further damage and even more repairs.
Drain Cleaning Prevents Drain Clogs
Drain clogs can often be avoided. Here are a few things you can do to prevent them and avoid calling for professional drain cleaning in Brooklyn, NY:
- Place drain strainers on all drains. These catch hair, food and other debris before it gets stuck. Although they don’t catch everything, they can help the system significantly.
- Keep young children away from toilets to avoid foreign objects being flushed down the drain
- Teach everyone about proper toilet paper use; you’ll save money on toilet paper as well
- Discard kitchen fats into the trash rather than down the drain
- Evaluate your backyard for any invasive tree roots
Pipe Safe Products
Every time you pour Drain-O down your pipes, you corrode your pipes. This makes them weaker and can cause leaks. There are some products that can be used to maintain your drains, but make sure they are safe.
BioOne is made of naturally occurring cultures that can be introduced directly into plumbing systems. These help degraded fat, oil, grease and organic waste build-up through natural biological processes.
RootX kills roots using an aquatic herbicide called Dichlobenil. This is a non-caustic, non-fumigating and non-systemic solution that will not harm your pipes, septic systems or above-ground vegetation.
Do I Need Drain Cleaning Services?
We speak with a lot of homeowners who aren’t sure if they need professional help with a drain clog in Brooklyn. While we are always ready and willing to help you with all of your drain cleaning needs, you should definitely call for help when:
- You have tried unclogging the drain and it isn’t working
- You have multiple clogs at once
- The clog keeps returning
Get Your Drains Cleaned Today!
Contact Petri Plumbing when you think you might need drain cleaning in Brooklyn, NY. We are proud to fix all of your water and piping needs for a smooth-running home. Make your appointment now!