Is it Time to Repipe Your Brooklyn Home?
Plumbing problems become increasingly common as your Brooklyn home ages. An aging piping system can eventually become a source of mounting expenses and frustration. It also increases the risk of serious water damage to your house.
What is Repiping?
At some point, it might make more economic sense to replace all the piping rather than continue patching things up and hoping for the best. The experts at Petri Plumbing can advise Brooklyn homeowners about whether repiping is the best option to avoid constant expensive fixes.
Repiping means that a licensed plumbing professional will replace all the aging and damaged pipes with the new pipes made of the latest and best materials. It’s not a DIY job. Leave it to the experts.
What to Look for When Considering Repiping
Pipes in need of replacement often have plainly visible problems. Some warning signs to watch out for include:
- Broken or cracked fittings that cannot be fixed using normal plumbing repair methods.
- Green corrosion that will not disappear when cleaned.
- Black spots that are caused by lead fittings or lead plumbing solder.
There are steps that Brooklyn homeowners can take to prevent damage to their piping systems before it’s too late. They include:
- Insulating the pipes.
- Maintaining your home’s pipework in ways that are designed to maintain a pipe’s fittings and interior.
- Removing unwanted debris and grease from your home’s pipework on a regular basis.
We Can Help
Do you feel like all your money is going toward countless service calls to keep repairing your home’s aging plumbing system? We can help. The experts at Petri Plumbing can complete your Brooklyn repiping project professionally and economically. Since 1906, our goal has been to keep you and your loved ones as safe and comfortable as possible. If you would like to know more, contact us at (718) 748-1254 for more information.