Picking the Right Plumber for Your Brooklyn Home
Petri Plumbing & Heating has been Brooklyn’s Family Plumber since 1906. While we’re not going to tell our neighbors to not talk to other plumbers, we’re glad to offer some advice on how to find the best one.
Choosing a trustworthy and dependable plumber can take a little bit of homework. This can be especially challenging during the middle of an emergency plumbing situation.
To avoid going into the situation blind, here are a few of the questions you should ask before you sign on the dotted line to hire a plumbing company:
- Do they have a valid license?
- Can they provide a completely detailed estimate of the work to be done, signed and put in writing, so there won’t be any surprises later on?
- Can they provide references?
- Do have proof of current liability insurance?
- Do they price costs by work done? Some companies will charge a flat-rate per job basis. Others will charge for parts and labor based on an hourly basis. Price is important, but a company that does the cheapest work may cost you more in the long run.
- What are their emergency plumbing rates? What will it cost for a plumbing company to rush a technician out to a home late night or on a weekend or holiday?
- Does their company provide any type of guarantee or warranties other than the plumbing materials used and labor provided?
Petri Plumbing can answer all those questions and more. We believe in full transparency to our customers and are dedicated to doing the best work at the fairest price.
Need more information? Give us a call. While you’re at it, make an appointment for our emergency valve tagging service to ensure that every shut-off valve in your home is labeled. Valued at $295, it is absolutely free. Don’t lose precious time during a plumbing emergency trying to find the right valve.
It’s our job at Petri Plumbing & Heating to help protect your safety and the value of your home. Call to make an appointment for free emergency valve tagging and other Brooklyn plumbing today at (718) 748-1254.