5 Tips to Cut Summer Cooling Bills
Plan Now to Save Money in Brooklyn this Summer
It’s still springtime in Brooklyn, but there’s no time like the present to make sure summer is easy on your home’s HVAC system and your wallet. Especially if you were surprised by high energy bills last summer, taking steps now can help you save money when the weather heats up.
Not only that, but making sure your HVAC is running efficiently is better for the environment. As Brooklyn’s first green plumbers, Petri Plumbing & Heating is committed to helping our neighbors save money and lower their carbon footprints with energy efficiency. When you lower your summer cooling bills, it’s a win-win!
Keeping it Cool
Upgrading to a more energy-efficient HVAC system is a great way to lower your energy bills, and Petri’s service experts can recommend the right model for your Brooklyn home. But if you’re not ready to upgrade just yet, here are some tips that will help you save money this summer.
- Don’t add heat: It’s tough enough for your HVAC to battle the heat outside without adding heat inside. Limit the use of heat-producing appliances like ovens, stoves and clothes dryers. Consider drying your clothes outside or grilling out!
- Block the sun: Close blinds and drapes to block out the sun’s hot rays during the heat of the day. Purchasing thermal drapes now can make this tip extra effective.
- Use your fans: Put those ceiling fans to work by setting them to rotate counter-clockwise, forcing air down into the room. This will help make room occupants feel cooler and let you set the thermostat a bit higher.
- Go programmable: Installing a programmable thermostat is an easy upgrade that can save you a bundle. Why pay to cool an empty house? Set it to a higher temperature while you’re at work and to start cooling on your commute home.
- Tune it up: Before you turn you’re A/C on for the first time this summer, get a professional AC tune-up from Petri Plumbing & Heating. We’ll check your filters, belts, refrigerant and many other components to ensure your unit is working at maximum efficiency.
We Can Help
Our service experts at Petri Plumbing & Heating can recommend more ways to lower your energy bills this summer, and we can help you with items on your to-do list like installing a new thermostat or tuning up your air conditioner. And if you have a breakdown this summer, we’re here with 24/7 service to get your home comfortable again. Contact Petri Plumbing & Heating today to find out more!