When Should You Repipe Your Brooklyn Home?
Old plumbing can spell trouble for Brooklyn homeowners. As it ages, problems become more common. Eventually, it makes more economic sense to replace all the pipes in the system at once rather than keep spending money on service calls.
It might not even be your choice. If the plumbing system in your home is outdated or impaired enough, you might find yourself forced to repipe to comply with New York City’s plumbing code.
What is Repiping?
Repiping replaces corroded, broken, and outdated pipes with new pipes made of the latest and best materials. Not that we doubt the DIY skills of our Brooklyn neighbors, but it’s a job best left to the experts. The licensed experts at Petri Plumbing are happy to help.
If you’re wondering about the condition of your plumbing system, it doesn’t take an expert to spot pipes needing replacement. They often have visible problems that are obvious to the eye. Some of those warning signs include:
- Unsightly black spots that are caused by lead fittings or lead plumbing solder.
- Green corrosion that will not disappear using regular cleaning methods.
- Broken or cracked fittings that are impossible to repair using normal plumbing repair methods.
Homeowners can take some simple steps to help slow down damage to their plumbing systems. A little TLC can help extend the useful lifespan of the pipes. This includes:
- Removing unwanted debris and grease from your home’s pipework on a regular basis.
- Maintaining your home’s pipework using techniques that are designed to maintain a pipe’s fittings and interior.
- Insulating your pipes using high-quality installation materials.
Since 1906, we’ve helped keep our Brooklyn neighbors safe and comfortable. If your plumbing is giving you trouble, the experts at Petri Plumbing are available to evaluate if repiping would make the most economic sense. Want to know more about our services? Contact us at (718) 748-1254 today.