Starting Fresh: Benefits of Repiping Your Brooklyn Home
As your house and piping system ages, plumbing problems will become increasingly common. At some point, though, after continual service calls for repair, it becomes more economical to replace all the pipes in the system at one time.
Over the years, many Brooklyn residents have come to Petri Plumbing for their plumbing needs. In many of those cases, it became clear that repiping was the best option to avoid constant expensive fixes. An aging and significantly impaired piping system can become a significant source of frustrations and costs. It also places your home at the risk of serious water damage.
Repiping replaces all the outdated, broken, or corroded pipes with the new pipes made of the latest and best materials. Trying to do this without the aid of a reputable plumbing company such as Petri Plumbing is a recipe for a very expensive disaster. This is a job for the experts.
Repiping is not always a homeowner’s choice. If your system is outdated or impaired enough, you might find yourself ordered to do so by the Department of Buildings in order to comply with New York City’s plumbing code.
If you’re wondering about the condition of your plumbing system, it’s easy to spot pipes that are in need of replacement. They often have visible problems that are plain to see. Some warning signs include:
- Green corrosion that will not disappear using regular cleaning methods.
- Broken or cracked fittings that are impossible to repair using normal plumbing repair methods.
- Unsightly black spots that are caused by lead fittings or lead plumbing solder.
You can also take steps to prevent damage to your pipes before the whole system becomes irreparable. This includes:
- Insulating your pipes using high-quality installation materials.
- Maintaining your home’s pipework using techniques that are designed to maintain a pipe’s fittings and interior.
- Removing unwanted debris and grease from your home’s pipework on a regular basis.
The experts at Petri Plumbing are available to complete your Brooklyn repiping project. Since 1906, our goal has been to keep you and your loved ones as safe and comfortable as possible. If you would like to know more about our services, contact us at (718) 748-1254 for more information.